Let’s face it – Most of us hate doing laundry, yet this chore cannot be avoided. A washer, or washing machine, is one of the most important and used appliances in any home, and if you plan to buy one, you would find all sorts of choices, models and brands. There are two basic kinds of washers – front-loading and top-loading. If you want to consider a front load laveuse, it is wise to consider the pros and cons, and below we have listed both for your help.
- Save more water and energy. Some of the advanced front load washers need almost 50% less water and energy for each cycle, compared to some of the traditional models. Washes are mostly Energy Star rated, and if you select one of the front-loading ones, you are making a better choice for the environment.
- Better speed. Typically, front load washers have a better speed for spin cycle vis-à-vis top loaders. This just means that your clothes will come out drier, which is an advantage, especially if you live in an apartment that doesn’t get adequate sunlight.
- More space. All front load washers have more space, which means you can wash more clothes each time. For smaller homes, this could mean huge savings in terms of water and energy.
- Better cleaning and fabric care. With front load washers, you don’t have to bother about the impact of washing on clothes. Even the softest linens can be washed easily, and at the same time, even the hardest stains are easy to get away with.
- Great to look at. There is also no denying that front load washers look better and have this more sophisticated feel and appearance.
On the flip side
In rare cases, front load washers do harbour mold and that can cause an odd smell the bin. Also, since the clothes must be loaded on the front, one must bend time and again to get the laundry done, which can be an issue for users with back problems. The upfront cost of a front load washer is more than a top-loading one, which is something to consider, especially on a budget, although you will save more on energy bills in the long run.
Both front load and top load washers are popular, and it really depends on what you are looking for. We would recommend that you check online stores for deals and offers.
Comments are closed.